THESE FIVE TRICKS HELP YOUR FRAGRANCE LAST LONGER.
All the luxury brand perfumes have a point of difference in the longevity of the fragrance in comparison to cheap brands. Because these cheap brands use poor-quality ingredients, such perfumes do not last long. But KDJ Inspired recreated perfumes, having similar notes to branded perfumes, are long-lasting Eau De Parfums.
Before heading towards the tips to increase a perfume’s longevity, people should consider the concentration of extract present in their perfumes. Eau De Parfum is the most concentrated one and will last all day long. On the other hand, colognes or body mists last only a few hours. Once you know the type of perfume you own, follow these tips and tricks to help your fragrance last longer and better.
- Learn the right way to apply a fragrance. Apply it on your skin rather than your clothes. Secondly, apply it to the pulse points. The reason for that is, scents tend to enhance in higher temperatures. The heat from the body helps the fragrance to remain longer. Pro tip- don’t rub your wrists after applying perfume; instead, let it dry on its own. This will make it last longer.
- Use matching scent notes for all your body care products. For example, if your perfumes have warm vanilla notes, try using lotions, hand creams, body wash, with the same vanilla notes. If not, you can layer your scent with different fragrances, but only if they complement each other. Applying all the citrus scents might just be overwhelming. Pro-tip: take an unscented lotion or body butter, pour and mix some of your favorite perfume in it. Voila! Now you have the same scent lotion.
- Applying perfume on dry skin will make it fade away faster. The oils and moisture present on our skin make it last longer and holds the scent better. The oils cause the fragrance more intense and help the scent penetrate through the skin easily. This will make your perfume smell unique. Pro-tip: Apply Vaseline on your pulse points, then spray your fragrance.
- Fragrances are designed in a way that the top notes fade away quickly, making their way to the base notes. The base notes are mostly deep and woody, with bright scents. This is one of the reasons why people believe their perfume faded away quickly. In reality, it’s still there but with subtle notes. Pro tip- Go for fragrances that have bright lower notes instead of earthy notes.
- Weather plays an integral part when choosing a scent, which lasts long. Summer fragrances are created with the perfect layering of vibrant and subtle notes, which makes the scent long-lasting. At the same time, winter ones don’t have much brighter overall notes. You can wear summer fragrances in winter but not vice versa. Pro-tip: for winter wear, look for fragrances with words in their names. Like “night,” “black,” “deep,” “velvet,” etc. As for summer, look for words like “blue,” “light,” “bloom,” or any flower specifically.